First Home Owners Grant
To ensure that you qualify for the First Home Owners Grant you will need to confirm both your eligibility as a first time homeowner and the eligibility of the property you are buying. Eligibility Criteria:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or you are applying with someone who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident)
- You or your spouse has not previously owned property in Australia
- You are building or buying a new home
- The value of the home is under $750,000
Additional Concessions: As a First Home Buyer you may qualify for a concession on the stamp duty, this concession may also apply even if you do not qualify for the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG). Additional information on the First Home Owners Grant can be found here.